The rules and regulations outlined below have been adopted as guidance for club members for play in club sponsored tournaments. The focus of the discussion deals with bowls, dress, draws, play, and equipment.
- All members must supply their own bowls. New members may use bowls, which are the property of the club for a limited time as determined by the Board of Directors.
- Members must wear footwear consisting of a flat sole when on the green. (Running shoes are acceptable – no heels allowed.)
- Members participating in Club Open Tournaments are required to wear whites, matching colors, or the colours specified for the tournament.
- Members are encouraged to wear whites or club shirts at special events, or dress specified for the event.
- To ensure that they are included in a draw, members should turn in their draw tags to the Drawmaster immediately on arrival at the Clubhouse.
- The draw closes ten (10) minutes before the time scheduled on the Roster Calendar. The Drawmaster will endeavour to accommodate members who arrive late. Members may telephone in their request to be included in the draw, but in such cases, the member must be ready to play at the scheduled draw time.
- On days when a club event is scheduled, the Drawmaster may arrange a separate draw for those members who do not wish to participate in the event, if greens are available.
- Members may play below their regular classification under appropriate circumstances.
- If a rain out date, as specified in the Roster, is not required the draw that would normally be scheduled on that date will be held. This will be noted on the monthly calendar on this Website and on the Clubhouse bulletin board.
- Members may bowl informally on regular scheduled draws where greens are available.
4. Bowling Play:
- Lawn Bowling Canada rules shall govern all club competitions.
- Unless otherwise authorized by the Drawmaster, the jack will be rolled.
- A player must have one foot on or over the mat while delivering the bowl.
- Players not involved in the play after delivering their bowls are required to move from the playing surface.
- All members are expected to participate in the setting out of equipment in preparation for play on the greens.
- Skips are responsible to see that all equipment is returned to the equipment shed upon the completion of play on the green.
6. Care of the Green:
- Proper care of the green is the responsibility of all members. Bowls Must be rolled and not thrown or otherwise bounced on the playing surface. Also bowling bags should not be rolled across the playing surface as this can also damage our artificial greens.
- Smoking is Only Permitted in the designated area of the grounds.
7. Coaching Instruction:
- Members desiring coaching or instruction may arrange for such through the club coach.
- Members are requested to read carefully their copy of the Roster as well as notices posted on the Web Site and in Monthly Calendar on the Notice Board in the Clubhouse.
- A copy of the current by-laws of the Club is posted on the Notice Board in covered book form. Members requiring a copy may request same from the Secretary.
10. Club Liability:
- Members are reminded that the Club assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal property kept or left on Club premises, nor for any personal injury sustained on or about Club premises whether such loss, damage or injury occurs by reason of any act or omission of the Club or of any member or guest otherwise.
11. Heat Stress:
- Games may be adjusted or cancelled at any time according to OLBA guidelines.